- California Genealogical Research: Past, Present, and Future
- California Here They Came!
- A Case for Courthouse Research
- Case Studies in Forensic and Family Genealogy
- Catholic Records: Then and Now
- California Historic Mission and Their Records
- Collecting, Recording, and Evaluating Research
- Death Certificates, Obituaries, and Probates: What the Dead Can Tell You!
- Did Your Ancestor’s Siblings Take YOUR Family Papers to California?
- Forensic Genealogy (advanced or professional genealogists/legal professional audience)
- Irish: Work Your Way to Ireland Using American Records First
- Irish and Irish-Americans in the Western United States
- The Importance of Collateral Research
- Migration Trails: Was Your Family Part of the Great Move West?
- Migration Trails are Paper Trails
- Newspaper Research beyond Obituaries: Much Needed, Often Overlooked
- Paper Trails: Picking Through the Crumbs
- Re-Assess Your Data: Is it Quality Research or Grandma’s Army Boots?
- Naturalization Files: Could Be an Information Goldmine
- Archives Large and Small, Public and Private
- Oral History: Separating Fact from Fiction – See separate page for more details
- Genealogy: Then and Now
- Research Techniques Using Social Sciences
- Forensic Canines and Ground Penetrating Radar
- NEW LECTURES ON REQUEST
2017-2023: “Santa Ynez Valley Star” Newspaper: writes a once a month genealogy column
2023: All the following except the presentation in October for Jamboree were or will be virtual:
14 Jan 2023: California Historic Mission System and Their Records; Silicon Valley GS, California
21 Jan 2023: Death Certificates, Obituaries, and Probates: What the Dead Can Tell You, Castle Rock Co., Colorado, GS
25 Feb 2023: Work Your Way to Ireland Using American Records First; San Mateo Co. CA GS
16 March 2023: Work Your Way to Ireland Using American Records First: Heritage Quest Research Library, Sumner, WA.
20 May 2023: Forensic Genealogical Research: Pinellas GS, Largo, FL.
05 Jun 2023: U.S.A. Naturalizations, East Cuyahoga CO, Chpt, Ohio GS
07 Aug 2023: California Genealogical Research; Kentucky GS
12 Aug 2023: Catholic Church Records: Then and Now; American-Canadian GS, Manchester, NH.
07 October 2023: Work Your Way to Ireland Using American Records First, SCGS Jamboree. (Also the coordinator of the Jambo Free tables) Note: Lecturer for SCGS for a number of years.
Also, 2022 and 2023, presentations for Celtic Connections Conferences.
2022: 19 March: Virtual – Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society, “Work Your Way to Ireland Using American Records First”; 20 March: Virtual – Questing Heirs Genealogical Society, ” The Importance of Collateral Research; 07 April: Genealogy Quick Start, TV Program interview; 12 April : Central Jersey Genealogy Club, “Catholic Records – Then and Now” 25-28 May: NGS Conference, Sacramento, CA – Recorded presentation; Saturday, July-September: Celtic Connections Conference-Virtual – will be taped in advance: “Oral History – Fact and Fiction (See ad below); August: SCGS Jamboree, Virtual, will be taped in advance: “Death Certificates, Obituaries, and Probates: What the Dead Can Tell you” 28 September: Niagara County (NY) Genealogical Society,- Virtual – “Catholic Records, Then and Now.” November: Virtual Genealogical Society (Virtual) “The Importance of Collateral Research” Will be taped in October.
Copyright ©2023 by Sheila Benedict. All Rights Reserved.